Thank you for your interest, Thorn is not currently hiring. Open positions will be posted as they become available. If you’d like to be notified as volunteer opportunities arise, please fill out one of our volunteer surveys.
What it’s like to work at Thorn
At Thorn, we combine the nimbleness of a startup with the mission and values of a non-profit. Engineers are empowered. They move fast and have authority and responsibility over how our products are designed and built.
Our success is measured by how many children we’ve helped save, how many cases we’ve contributed to solving and how much harm we’ve prevented. Through focused and persistent effort, we can stop online child sexual abuse. Day to day, we strive to balance hard work with care for ourselves and each other so that we have the resiliency we need to keep fighting. Working sane hours is just one of the ways we are committed to taking care of our team.
- Challenging work that allows you to learn and apply your skills to life-changing products.
- Collaboration with experts who provide real world feedback to the tools you make.
- Clear goals, unclear solutions, and the opportunity to make a big mark on our products.
- Competitive salary.
- Fully covered health care for you and your family.
- Matched 401[k].
- Flexible work schedules and locations.
- Flexible vacation policy, standard holidays and three weeks off as a company, one for Thanksgiving, two between Christmas and the first week of the new year.
- Monthly team and individual wellness sessions.
- Amazing, amazing, amazing coworkers.
- While the majority of our technical team is based in San Francisco, we are a distributed team that supports remote work. We’re together as a full team at least once a quarter. When we’re together there are fun team events, and one engineer is also a comedy writer, so that’s a plus for all the time we spend on Slack.
Thorn is a strong and flexible team because of the diverse backgrounds of our staff. This includes professional background, subject matter expertise, culture, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, hobbies, etc. We strongly encourage women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.